Filming deadwood inverts with the BBC

Posted by Graeme Lyons , Tuesday 17 August 2010 18:01

We had a great day filming an episode of Finn's Country with Roger Finn for BBC South Today on deadwood and the things that live in it. We even managed to get a few shots of beetles and flies which looked pretty good through the macro lens. Here, the camera-man is filming the hoverfly Myathropa florea investigating a rot hole on a huge fallen Beech limb. We did all the shots on one take, I'm definatley getting more used to being in front of the camera, this being my 5th time in 15 months. The show will air two weeks tomorrow being Wednesday 1st September. Athough overcast, the rain held off and the light was good. I really can't wait to see how it looks!

3 Response to "Filming deadwood inverts with the BBC"

The Whimsical Quill Says:

Will look forward to watching that.
I wish I'd had a camera filming the wasps here stealing (dead *and* alive hoverflies (Myathropa florea). Not very nice to watch, I'm guessing they take the juicy parts (they strip the wings etc.,) to leave as food for the baby wasps.

Crispin Says:

Will look forward to watching it.
I love saprophytes!
Crispin

Anonymous Says:

Congratulations for being the smartest man in England.
Lucy x

Post a Comment

Nature Blog Network