Tube stop

Posted by Graeme Lyons , Wednesday 18 May 2011 16:07

Sadly I have had a flare up with my back again today which came out of the blue and meant I had to leave a meeting in Lewes. I got the train home and walked up from London Road station where I bumped into this spider. It is the much commoner relative of the huge spider with green chelicerae I saw in Chichester about month ago, this one is Segestria senoculata and it also builds a tube web in old walls. Reading up on natural history so that you recognise species before you have ever seen them is a really good thing as far as I'm concerned. I'm hoping that half a day's rest will be enough to stop my back from getting any worse and hope to be back at work tomorrow.

1 Response to "Tube stop"

Anonymous Says:

Shame you had to leave, we talked about how valuable it was having a monitoring officer! (We have neither budget nor officer for monitoring)

Greg

Post a Comment

Nature Blog Network