Seven of nine

Posted by Graeme Lyons , Sunday 8 May 2011 14:20

I can't believe I am on the seventh visits of the farm surveys already, where has the time gone? Singing Corn Buntings in double figures today and a fly over Golden Plover was notable. However, the plants were the interesting thing today, I saw many Prickly Poppies, far outnumbering the Common Poppies. Other arable plants included Henbit Dead-nettle, Cut-leaved Dead-nettle, Field Madder and Small Toadflax as well as one potentially very interesting find but I will wait until it's in flower before I blog about it just in case I am wrong! I had one tick today, lots of the Common Red-legged Robberfly Dioctria rufipes along a beetle bank. That puts me on 3312.

1 Response to "Seven of nine"

Patrick Says:

That's nice. I love those in the spring. Twice in life had those in my backyard. The second was when I transplanted some from the first. I wonder if they are still there?

Post a Comment

Nature Blog Network