Shooting Stars

Posted by Graeme Lyons , Monday 2 May 2011 16:36

A quick walk around Shoreham Beach looking for Starry Clover was all I could fit in today but I found them easy enough, thanks to a little help from Peter Whitcomb. You never know with clovers just how small they are going to be but I was surprised to find this was a pretty big species. So, it's no longer considered a native species but it's pretty smart and I was pleased to finally go and see it. There are other plants there that I have not seen but it's all very dessicated, like it would normally look in late summer. I'll go back in July when it's probably going to be raining all month! Anyway, here it is in flower too.
So that puts me on 3288. I saw two Whimbrel, several Sandwich Terns and best of all, four Little Terns feeding just off shore. I managed a few shot with the Canon but I was really pleased with this one just for  the composition more than anything. I was surprised the horizon was level!

1 Response to "Shooting Stars"

Kerry Potter Says:

Beautiful pictures of the Star Clover. I've never heard of it before but now after seeing your pictures I'll keep a look out :)

Post a Comment

Nature Blog Network