Spoon bending

Posted by Graeme Lyons , Sunday 13 March 2011 16:56

A distant record shot of the surprise Spoonbill that flew east over the old fort at Shoreham today. It was a welcome sighting having spent hours looking for the rare Early Meadow-grass which I failed to spot. I was lucky to be looking up at the right time although double-pressing the on switch on my camera in the heat of the moment and then consequently waiting in vain for the camera to turn on lost me critical seconds that ensured a distant shot. I'll have to go back and look for the grass in a few weeks, it's not comfortable botany with a bad back bending over looking for a plant that looks like a small Annual Meadow-grass.

2 Response to "Spoon bending"

Sarah P Says:

Nice one! Is Shoreham a good site for the Poa? I've seen it on Hayling Island.

Graeme Lyons Says:

I had heard it was although I have not seen it yet, failed to see it again today at another site in Southwick. It's pretty grotty botany I have to say, I'm amazed I haven't connected with a dog turd yet.

Post a Comment

Nature Blog Network