A rolling stone...

Posted by Graeme Lyons , Wednesday 9 March 2011 19:50

I found this today at Ditching and at first thought it was the common Spring Turf-moss Rhytidiadelphus squarrosus but I am now convinced it's a different species, either: Golden Feather-moss Campyliadelphus chrysophyllus or Dull Starry Feather-moss Campylium protensum. They are both chalk-grassland species apparently and I only found it on an exposed face of an old quarry, growing with lots of Ctenidium mollscum. I didn't gather a specimen so I think this is as far as I can go with it for now. Right, this is the last moss post for a while, I promise! Off to Ebernoe tomorrow for the first time this year.

1 Response to "A rolling stone..."

Sarah P Says:

You will have to go back........
I got a new species today - Early Sand Grass, but talk about a needle in a haystack.......

Post a Comment

Nature Blog Network