Johnny Allseed

Posted by Graeme Lyons , Friday 24 August 2012 09:02

Having mapped about two thirds of Chailey Common this week, I am in need of a break. I have found a few nice plants there hidden away in discrete corners. This is Allseed, a tiny plant that I can't even remember when I saw last. Yesterday whilst struggling through birch covered M25, we stumbled across a nice little bog pool (M1) covered with floating Sphagnum, Many-stemmed Spikerush, Bog Pondweed, Bulbous Rush and best of all, Marsh St Johnswort. This last appears to be a new site record based upon the Sussex Rare Plant Register.

I also spotted this strange web over some Gorse and on closer inspection realised it was caused by a mite. I suspect this is Tetrychnus lintearius.

2 Response to "Johnny Allseed"

ZielonaMila Says:

Beautiful photographs, unusual images of the nature. I am greeting

Gibster Says:

you done blogging then, mate?

Post a Comment

Nature Blog Network