Pan-species Listing at Global Birdfair in 2026
Posted by Graeme Lyons , Wednesday, 8 July 2026 13:27
1). We have a stall again, Robin 76. I will be selling (signed if you want it) copies of my book at a discounted rate.
2). Come and ask us (myself, Andy Musgrove, Mike Prince and Mark Colvin) about all things PSL. We will again be pan-species listing the event (and adjacent nature reserve) with the website setup live so you can see our progress. Last year we reached 824 species over the three days, rising to over a 1000 species when we combined the 2024 and 2025 species lists! I would love to beat last year's total, but with other commitments this year and the weather, I am not going to go crazy this time. Well, OK just a little bit. Here's the list from 2025, and the list for 2026.
3). We'll have some moths and other inverts to show you on our stall but we really need YOUR records too from the event. Please do come and find us with any and all records to add to our list - anything and everything. Big lists of moths and other species very welcome.
4). We have one-hour bioblitzes daily, where we typically record c200 species. They're fun and fast! Drink up all the species identified by myself and other experienced naturalists. Come find us on our stall at 10.00 am and 2.00 pm each day (11.00 am on the Sunday though).
5). That's because I am doing a 45 minute talk at the Turnstone stage on Sunday morning at 10.00 am about the book. Head to our stall straight after for books and/or the morning bioblitz.
6). This year I am trying to see 6,000 species through the course of 2026, as of Wed I am on 3,962 species. I am well on target but if anyone can help me get a species or two, I'd be super grateful.
7). I am also only 44 species away from 10,000 in my lifetime! If anyone can get me a lifer I'll be over the moon!




Post a Comment